Ah! That smell......The moulds produced on carpets give out a terrible stench. This stench is caused by the spores which the moulds produce. The moulds not only degrades the quality of your carpet but it can cause harmful effects on those living with moulds. Moulds need moisture to grow. You will mostly find moulds growing in the basements, Underneath or behind refrigerators, air-conditioning units and the list goes on.
- Use goggles, mask for your mouth, and rubber gloves when cleaning moulds. Moulds are toxic and you don’t want them affecting your health.Here are some methods to get rid of the mouldy situation.
- Hire a professional if your mould is found at the back of your carpet. Hiring a professional would eliminate the effort taken to get rid of it. If the mould is too large and has spread across the entire area then you might consider replacing your carpet.
- If the weather permits, ventilate your room. You must open all your windows and doors and let the sunshine in. Use a fan if there are not windows and doors. The air will provide ventilation into the room, thus reducing the odours present.
- If your carpet is portable and then take it outside, let the sunshine fall onto your carpet. The sunshine will remove moisture from the carpet and kill the spores present on them.
- 1 cup of bleach to a bucket of water then spray the carpet with the solution. After about 20 minutes vacuum the dirt and mold out. Get rid of all water from carpet as the moisture to cause more mold growth. Next, put your carpet to dry. Keep a check and clean your carpet regularly to avoid mould growth.