Correction fluid and white out
Attempt rubbing alcohol on the stained/affected area. Do a test on a part of the carpet in a non-noticeable area prior to using rubbing alcohol and a clean cloth. The stain will start to loosen. Verify by touching the stain. Minor specks of the white out ought to start to come loose. Rinse thoroughly & vacuum once the area is dry.
Remove surplus ink by blotting with a clean absorbent towel. Dab/blot gently with cool water. Blot a few times. Apply diluted carpet shampoo (i.e. 1 part carpet shampoo to 4 parts water) with a brush or towel. Let the treated area dry completely, vacuum the area.
With the help of clean white paper towels, blot up as much of the tea stain as possible. Utilize plain water or combine/mix 1 tbsp of liquid dishwashing detergent and 1 tbsp of white vinegar with 2 cups of warm water. By means of a clean white cloth, dab the stain with a small measure of water or the detergent/vinegar solution. Apply a little bit at a time, blotting repeatedly with a dry cloth until the stain fades off completely. If you intend using a detergent/vinegar solution, dab with cold water and blot dry to take out the solution.
- Blot the stain with a white paper towel to get rid of as much of the coffee stain as possible. Next prepare a white vinegar solution i.e. 1/3 cup white vinegar in 2/3 cup water. Using a spray bottle, saturate the spot with the white vinegar solution and blot to remove the surplus moisture.
- Apply a minute amount of detergent solution to the spot i.e. 1/4 tsp of hand dishwashing detergent (containing lanolin or bleach) with 1/4 of water. Use a blotting motion to work the detergent into the affected area until stain is removed.
- Spray down the area with tap water and blot to remove surplus dampness.
- Spray lightly with water, do not smudge or dab this time; apply a pad of the paper towel. Allow to dry.
- If the stain still remains, then moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Let rest for 1 hour. Dab and repeat until carpet is stain free. No rinsing is necessary. Apply a pad of paper towels and weight down with brick.
- Combine 1 tbsp of liquid dishwashing detergent and 1 tbsp of white vinegar with 2 cups of warm water.
- By means of a clean white cloth, dab the stain with the detergent/vinegar solution; blotting repeatedly with a dry cloth until the stain vanishes. Rinse with clear water.
- If the stain still remains, dab the stain with rubbing alcohol. Blot to remove the stain.
- Wash out with alcohol; let it air-dry.
- Dab/sponge with cold water again. Blot till the liquid solution is absorbed.
- If the stain remains, mix 1 tsp of liquid dishwashing detergent and 1 tbsp of ammonia with 2 cups of warm water. Dab/sponge the stain with this solution. Leave the solution on the stain for at least 30 minutes, blotting every 5 minutes with a clean white cloth and more solution. Sponge with cold water and blot dry.
Still having trouble cleaning your carpets? Classique Chem-Dry’s superior carpet cleaning is your perfect partner in extending the life of your carpets & helping you get rid of all your carpet problems! Schedule a professional cleaning today. We look forward to talking to you!