Killing fleas in your carpet can be achieved by vacuuming, steam cleaning the carpet or even by sprinkling salt. These home remedies are safe and do not pose a threat to your/your pets health.
Fleas are tiny insects without wings. They are characterized by their tube like mouth parts. These parasites feed only on the blood of warm blooded animals. There are a wide range of flea species, such as cat fleas, dog fleas, rat fleas and even human fleas.
Although these insects are found in pets the entire year, the main seasons for flea bites are spring and summer. During these months, it is not odd to find flea infestations in your carpet. With quick coordination and cleaning effort, killing fleas in carpet can be achieved effectively.
Following are some of the home remedies for fleas in carpet:
- Wash your pets bedding thoroughly. If the bedding can go in the hot dryer of your washing machine for around 10 minutes, it will kill adult fleas, larvae and eggs.
- Sprinkle salt on your entire carpet.
- Don't let your pet walk on the carpet during this time. Else they might get some stuff on their paws and lick it off. This may cause them to get sick.
- Then vacuum your entire house properly, especially the areas that are not exposed to sunlight.
- When the vacuum bag is full, take it in a sealed trash bag and put it in a covered trash container outside. Else, the fleas will crawl out and enter your house again.
If you’re still having difficulty in cleaning your house & carpets; Get professional help
Contact Classique ChemDry for best services in Carpet Cleaning in
surrounding suburbs. Canberra
Give Us A Call : 1800 213 006 or Visit Our Website - http://www.classiquechemdry.com.au/services/carpet-cleaning/