No one has control over natural water-related disasters. But one can take all the anticipatory measures to minimize and avoid consequence on your carpet. As soon as you observe a dampness on a carpet, you must call a water damage service corporation. They will immediately come out for an inspection, and will most likely recommend you to remove bits and pieces or any substances from the carpet or anything that is stored under your bed and move them to a dry and secure place. They will perhaps recommend to remove any light pieces of furniture.
They will take out eminence water, and then embark on the ventilation and drying processes. Ventilating the locality with fans and dehumidifiers particularly-designed to take care of areas exposed to water. The fans accelerate the drying process and curtail the drying time, while the dehumidifiers work to help dry the microenvironment. Do not wait just call immediately as time is essential in the case of carpet water damage, because mold, fungus and bacteria can begin to grow after twelve hours.
What you should do when carpet is damaged with water:
- Straight away end the water flow causing the harm.
- Take out any books, magazines or other personal belongings and shift to a dry area.
- Get rid of any rugs, throw pillows and light furniture.
- Get in touch with a water damage service corporation.
- Have a word with your insurance company as it may wrap the damage.
Things you should avoid doing when carpet is damaged with water:
If your carpet, tile or wooden floor is damaged with water please do not:
- Avoid using any electrical appliances such as televisions, toaster ovens or hair dryers.
- Eliminate walking on the carpet as much as possible, as bacteria from the base of your shoes can cooperate with the water and generate a microenvironment for bacteria to grow.